THE LOOK: JEAN DUJARDIN
Perpetually at home in swim briefs or black tie, Jean Dujardin has made a name for himself as a ridiculously handsome international man of mystery. We’ve recently become enfatuated with some of his earlier Michael Hascevenius directed work as the James Bondish super-spy Hubert Bonniseur de La Bath – codename OSS117. The look achieved in these films is classic – pastel tones, thick rimmed glasses, tanned skin, lego man hair – all of which are easily duplicated with a few simple swipes of the credit card.
- Grigioperla by La Perla Swim Trunks $70 Amazon - We’re not saying everyone out there is built for these trunks, heck, I’m quite confident I couldn’t even wear them – but hey, if you’ve got the confidence and the body, these are gonna be the only way for you to pull off this look…just ask Daniel Craig.
- The Pimms Cup $14 Soho Grand - Before you overheat from painting on your swim trunks it’s best that you pour yourself a Pimms. This minty fruity cocktail has kept the well heeled refreshed around the world for pretty much ever. Toss in a splash of Gin if you want to do it the right way.
- Bumble and bumble SumoTech $26 Bumble and bumble - Getting your hair to the perfect mold isn’t easy, which is why Bumble and bumble have taken the time to come up with the perfect styling solution. A hefty dab in the palms, a quick run through your hefty mane, comb, set, match.
- Warby Parker Griffin Sunglasses - $99 Warby Parker - Warby Parker has made some waves in the eyewear biz as of late, offering classic chunky frames equipped with stellar polarized lenses at a fraction of what the big boys are charging. I’m a fan of the Griffin, it’s a shameless knockoff of the classic Persol, but at less than a 1/3 of the price I don’t feel terrible every time I lose a pair (which happens a lot)
- Lisa Maria Fernandez Bikini – $390 ShopBop - While the girls are technically not included, if you’re rocking Dujardin’s look you can be pretty sure they aren’t far behind, and when they pop by for a dip in your pool, it would behoove you to have a suit for them to toss on. I’m a big fan of Lisa Maria Fernandez’ work, and I think you will be too.
— Posted by GrandLife Hotels , August 8, 2012