We like to take it a few steps further, though, and make our Halloween as creepily elegant as possible. Here are some of our favorite entertaining touches to make this year’s party the best yet.
1. Order a dozen taxidermy black crows from Etsy and scatter them throughout the room. They’re way more unique than the typical plastic spiders you’d pick up at your corner drugstore.
2. Go to your closest used bookstore and buy armfuls of old, gothic Edward Gorey books. Stack them up in piles on your tables and let your guests know that they’re welcome to take home their favorite.
3. Pick up a few sets of onyx wine glasses. They’ll make every glass of wine you serve special.
4. Haul home pumpkins of various sizes and spray paint them all gold to dress up the room. Here’s a DIY guide you can use.
5. A few black candelabras with tall wicker candles lit will create a spooky mood.
6. We love these beautiful, haunting plates by Fornasetti. Perfect to use as candy dishes.
7. If you’re not feeling a crazy costume this year, we love the idea of wearing a chic, slightly gothic black lace dress with a simple mask.
(Background photo from 2PartyPrintables – printed material in photo available for purchase here)